Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cruise ship wreck in Italy.

A couple of days ago there was a big cruise wreck in Italy. First the boat crashed into a corral reef and then it crashed into a big rock at the ocean floor. Suddenly the boat flipped on its side. At least six people died and many more are missing. Have you ever heard the phrase "The captain goes down with the ship? Well not this time. The captain of the ship left the boat and swam to shore. People in the boat were waiting for orders, which they never received. The captain may be charged for abandoning his ship and may spend 15 years in jail. I hope everyone on that boat is okay.

4 comments:

  1. Great job! Can you believe the captain just left like that? Goodness, what an awful experience for so many who were hoping to actually have an enjoyable, relaxing vacation. It will be interesting to see what comes of this in the next few weeks. Thanks for SHARING! Mr. Miller says he is happy to show you google docs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came across an article related to your science project. Interesting and depressing. Relevant topic my friend!

    http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/everyday-myths/how-long-does-it-take-for-plastics-to-biodegrade.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am extremely excited for you Julian! It will be posted on the HW board to keep an eye for you on TV Sat. I will pass the message along. What a fantastic opportunity, you are on your way to stardom!
    Also~ great job with the science rally cheer. I think it will be fantastic! You guys have worked hard and with a plan in place, I have no doubt it will be awesome! Thanks for sharing your amazing news! Congrats AGAIN!!!

    ReplyDelete